What is SpaBalancer Ultrashock?
SpaBalancer Ultrashock is a cleaning agent based on C2Oxide. It is five times stronger than chlorine. SpaBalancer Ultrashock reliably kills germs, bacteria and legionella.
Treating the water with conventional disinfectants such as chlorine or bromine initially makes the bacteria harmless. After a certain time, however, a large amount of legionella and other bacteria becomes apparent once again. The cause of this is the so-called biofilm. The biofilm serves as a “refuge and sanctuary” and protects the bacteria from the disinfectant.
SpaBalancer Ultrashock is the only disinfecting product that penetrates the biofilm and destroys the polysaccharides (complex sugars) contained therein.
When should you use SpaBalancer Ultrashock?
A shock treatment is necessary:
• After initially filling the hot tub.
• If the water is not crystal clear.
• If the water smells unpleasant.
• If you have greasy deposits on the hot tub wall.
• If the water was heavily polluted by a “hot tub party”.
• Periodically, when using disinfectants such as chlorine, bromine, active oxygen, etc.
It is also possible to disinfect the hot tub with SpaBalancer Ultrashock. This is recommended e.g. for hot tubs made of wood without a filter system installed.